Every year during Pride, Chia and I are reminded of how lucky we are to have and love one another and to be able to live our lives openly and proudly. We don't take these freedoms for granted and we're grateful for all those who have fought for them. These quotes remind and inspire us to continue to be true to who we are and not ashamed of who we love.
1. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. – Andre Gide
2. Hope will never be silent. – Harvey Milk
3. Love is love.
4. You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging. – Brene Brown
5. The things that make us different, those are our superpowers. – Lena Waithe
6. Just be you, and that's going to be so much better than wishing to be anything else. – Angel Haze
7. I was born this way. – Lady Gaga
8. It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. – E.E. Cummings
9. Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind. – Dr. Seuss
10. After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are. – Shrek
11. Life is more fun when you stand out.
12. To be yourself is truly a revolutionary act, and I think more and more people should try it, because it’s gotten me a pretty cool life. – Lena Waithe
13. Why are you mad? When you could be GLAAD? – Taylor Swift
14. To be nobody but yourself--in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else--means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting. – E.E. Cummings
15. We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love. – Laverne Cox
16. If I wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I’m shortchanging myself. – Zanele Muholi
17. The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them. – Rachel Maddow
18. I think being gay is a blessing, and it's something I am thankful for every single day. – Anderson Cooper
19. I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me. – Tim Cook
20. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself. – Harvey Fierstein
21. To thrive in life, you need three bones, a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone. – Reba Mcintire
22. Personally, coming out was one of the most important things I’ve ever done, lifting from my shoulders the millstone of lies that I hadn’t even realized I was carrying. – Sir Ian McKellen
23. Being gay isn’t something you choose, but you do face choices about whether and how to discuss it. – Pete Buttigieg
24. Bloom where you are planted. – Mary Engelbreit
25. Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. – James Baldwin
26. What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh, no, it’s curved like a road through mountains. – Tennessee Williams
27. Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own. – Angelina Jolie
28. Celebrate love today & everyday.
29. Love wins.
30. The only way to survive is by taking care of one another. – Grace Lee Boggs
31. Can't cancel my pride.
32. When you reduce life to black and white, you never see rainbows. – Rachel Houston
33. I take a lot of pride in being myself. I'm comfortable with who I am. – James McAvoy
34. If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
35. I’m not ashamed of being gay, never have been and never will be. For that, I have no apologies. – Tommy Kirk
36. Being gay is like being left-handed. Some people are, most people aren’t and nobody really knows why. It’s not right or wrong, it’s just the way things are!
37. It is not beauty that endears, it’s love that makes us see beauty. – Leo Tolstoy
38. We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone. – Orson Welles
39. We can’t choose where we come from, but we can choose where we go from there. – The Perks of Being a Wallflower
40. Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself. – Bear Bryant
41. Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away. – Lady Gaga
42. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- 30 Fun LGBTQ Activities to Do Every Day to Celebrate Pride Month
- Getting Ready for Pride
- Catchy Lesbian Songs & Artists To Listen To