Being a lesbian and coming out are two of the things that I'll never regret. I love being in a happy relationship with the woman of my dreams and living our authentic lives. I wouldn't have been able to do so without coming out of the closet.
While it took both Chia and me awhile to embrace our identities as lesbians, once we did, our entire lives changed for the better.
Wherever you are in your journey towards accepting yourself, here is a collection of some of the best quotes about being a lesbian and coming out as LGBTQ.
1. Everyone deserves a chance at love.
2. I became a lesbian because women are beautiful, strong, and compassionate. –Rita Mae Brown
3. The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well. – Cassandra Duffy
4. Life is too short to ignore love.
5. My feelings for Ellen overrode all of my fear about being out as a lesbian. I had to be with her, and I just figured I'd deal with the other stuff later. – Portia de Rossi
6. The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them. – Rachel Maddow
7. I kissed a boy and I didn't like it.
8. One day we won't come out. We will just say we are in love and that will be all that matters.
9. To be afraid is to behave as if the truth were not true. – Dolly Parton
10. I'm a girl. I love a girl. And I'm okay with that.
11. People will stare. Make it worth their while. – Harry Winston
12. Only you know who you were born to be and you need to be free to be that person. – Ruby Rose
13. Only by speaking out can we create lasting change. And that change begins with coming out. – DaShanne Stokes
14. I think being gay is a blessing and it's something I am thankful for every day. – Anderson Cooper
15. Everyone is their own kind of lesbian. To think there's a certain way to dress or present yourself in the world is just one more stereotype we have to fit into. – Portia De Rossi
16. I believe that telling our stories, first to ourselves and then to one another and the world, is a revolutionary act. – Janet Mock
17. I am a rare species, not a stereotype. – Ivan Coyote
18. I kissed a girl and I liked it. – Katy Perry
19. I’ve been embraced by a new community. That’s what happens when you’re finally honest about who you are; you find others like you. – Chaz Bono
20. I'm writing my story so that others might see fragments of themselves. – Lena Waithe
21. Being lesbian is fun and games until she won’t kill the spider either.
22. The hardest thing about being a lesbian for me is not that I wouldn’t be accepted among my peers or my society. But when I’m in love with my own best friend.
23. Beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are. – Ellen DeGeneres
24. Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet.
25. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself. – Robert Frost
26. The more boys I meet, the more I realize that yeah, I'm for sure a lesbian.
27. Let's get one thing straight. I'm not.
28. Being a lesbian means I have the opportunity to love what is uncommon and I’m okay with that. I don't cry myself to sleep or get upset by the life that I lead Because I accept the fact that it is simply love. – Jenna Anne
29. Asking who’s the man and who’s the woman in a same-sex relationship is like asking which chopstick is the fork. – Ellen DeGeneres
30. I believe that no one should ever have to choose between a career we love and living our lives with authenticity and integrity. – Selisse Berry
31. You don't fall in love with the gender. You fall in love with the person.
32. Well, I always looked at Mulan as a movie about a lesbian coming out. – Harvey Fierstein
33. I learned compassion from being discriminated against. Everything bad that’s ever happened to me has taught me compassion. – Ellen DeGeneres